How amazing is it that the same God who made this vast universe, the same God who told the waters where to stop and the stars when to shine, is the same powerful God who works on my behalf everyday. He has promised that when I walk in the Spirit that I will not succumb to the ways of my flesh (Galatians 5:16). Everyday I remind myself that it is not about me!
It is ALL about GOD! We were not saved so we could live to meet our own desires, but to Glorify God daily. All I need to do is be still. Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10. God asks for my obedience and he will bless me and he will teach me to trust him. In my weakness, I am strong in Christ.
This past weekend was filled with God's glory. Friday night was our annual banquet. Dr. Trieber was our guest and the entire room was blessed I guarantee. After the offering was calculated, the amount was within a few hundred dollars of what was needed to do the projects at the church. Glory be to God.
Easter Sunday was beautiful. Our church service had record attendance in both the main service and Spanish service, we had a baptism and our city's largest egg hunt. The goal is not to be the largest church but to reach lost souls and the egg hunt was just plain fun.
Evangelist, John Goetsch Jr. and his family were our guests. He is an amazing man of God and I am thankful for the message he was given. Mrs. Goetsch could have sang all day and no one would have moved!
The Resurrection should be celebrated everyday.
3 comments:
Your website is always soooo pretty. I will get there someday.. For now I am lucky to get the pictures. You are such a blessing to me and when I talk to you or you leave me a message it makes me so happy. know no matter what you will always be there for me and vice versa!! Easter sounded fabulous so glad. We too had a wonderful turn out at Bayside. And even Mr. Jace Pearson that wasn't going to "participate" in the bounce house and egg hunt....did both and had a blast! God is good all the time. You and I are both going through "challenging times" and will come out better than ever!! And when we do, we have a date with a spa....pedicures....manicures...mud bath and whatever we want!!!
love you!!
XOXO
Rhon
I love your new picture. I love you too! :) Sound like you had an uplifting time. I miss you all. I really need to call you! Dr Trieber is supposed to be here in Georgia in October. I'm excited to go hear him. Tell Keith we say "hi" and give the girls a big hug!
I ditto everything you said! It was a great weekend! I wrote about it on a message board, but it didn't have the impact to others that it had on me. I should have blogged it instead. Maybe I'll go find it and copy and paste it to my blog.
I can't wait until the Goetsch's cd is done! Hopefully by this summer.
Post a Comment