Saturday, March 8, 2008

A better popcorn


On my quest to be partially hydrogenated free, I came across a better way to get our microwave popcorn fix. This is probably old news to most but was new and very tasty to us. 1/4 cup popcorn kernels, 2 tsp. canola oil, and your favorite seasoning flavor. Use your microwave popcorn button and it will be perfect.

P.S. We tried the prepackaged organic varieties and did not like the cardboard taste.















They didn't save me any........

Update: This popcorn IS better than this!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Popcorn is one of my favorite foods! I'll have to try your variety. :)

Leah said...

Did you know it will still pop even if you don't use any oil?!?!?! You are now offically eating WW popcorn. ;)

Katrina said...

I had a feeling you were going to tell me thi:) I don't mind the oil thing so much, it is all the artificial junk that I can't handle. I like the flavor with the oil, you can use olive oil but its smoking point is much lower. I will omit the oil when the girls want to add melted butter after.

Is it Jubilee week?!

Anonymous said...

it took me forever to figure out what that first picture was! awesome angle!!! :)