Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kids say the funniest things....

A few weeks ago, Madison shared with me that God spoke to her heart concerning choices she has been making lately. I sat with her and we talked about her feelings and how the experience affected her. I usually direct both of the girls to consult with the Lord about life decisions both present and future.

We were cooped- up most of the day today as it was 105 degrees outside. We decided to make a snack run to Jamba Juice while I ran a few errands. While driving, the girls were talking non-stop, as they usually do. The conversation :

(As we drove past the hospital)

Madison: " I am not sure if I am supposed to be a doctor or a teacher."

Mia: "The Lord spoke to my heart about being a teacher."

Madison: "How do you know Mia? When the Lord spoke to me I really knew it."

Mia: "Well, when I was in chapel, the Lord said, Mia I don't think you want to work at Jelly Belly, maybe you want to be a teacher. "

Madison: "Come on Mia, what did you feel like? Like were you scared?"

Mia: " No. Maybe I was nervous because I was thinking maybe the kids won't listen to me."

I was laughing to myself and had to work at keeping quiet!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Hehe, that is just too funny! Now she does know that if she works for Jelly Belly, she can have ALL the belly flops she can eat!?

Katrina said...

We will keep the JB employee benefits a secret!

Anonymous said...

aww that is so sweet!!! hey, do friend of Jelly Belly employees get benefits too?? i may just have to persuade her. :)