Thursday, August 2, 2007

Bogey

The girl's golf lessons this summer were a little different than the ones they had last year. Last year, they went for one week, M-F for three hours each day. This year, beginning mid-June, we were on the golf course every morning from 7:30- 8:30 am. They refreshed the etiquette and rules, practiced putting, chipping and driving. During the second week the girls rationalized that since school was out they really shouldn't be getting out of bed so early. I admit, I was thinking the same thing. However, we all trekked on. It was actually easy because we were on the same schedule as when in school.




During the first week of July, their schedule switched. Madison had a tee time of 8:09 a.m. and Mia's was at 8:36 a.m.(Tues. & Thurs.). They each went out with a foursome to play three holes. I really enjoyed watching them play. As the lessons progressed so did their comfort with a natural swing and learning to play against themselves. Madison had a few boys in her group and was originally very competitive with them.


The lessons ended this week with a Jr.-Sr. scramble. The girls got to play the 9:00 am shotgun with Allysa and her dad. I followed the cart on foot so I could take pictures. We had a great time. Playing nine holes was a lot for Mia but she never gave up. The girls ended up with one bogey for the round. Afterward, we enjoyed a bbq and awards were handed out. The girls put their trophys on the shelf next to Daddy's. They were very proud.





I am very proud of them for not giving up when they were tired and for trying even harder when that silly little ball seemed so hard to hit. I am very proud that they are curious about golf because their daddy loves golf. And even more proud that they want to play golf because they love golf.




I know there are a lot of pictures but I really couldn't choose any less and kept myself from adding even more! You have to click on the picture above of Mia. Oh my gosh, too funny. I titled that picture "ball killer." BTW, no one is sleeping in much past 7:30am, golf lessons or no
golf lessons!




No comments: