Monday, January 7, 2008

Welcome 2008


A few days late with my New Years welcome! We lost power last Friday during the very windy rain storm. Our electricity was out for 29 hours. We have a gas fireplace and cook top so it wasn't bad. The gas hot water heater provided for relaxing bath times and we were all cozy inside. When it got dark, we found use for this gadget that Keith won at a golf tournament last summer. I didn't think we would ever have a use for it! I appreciated the radio coverage and the hand crank mechanism. Keith actually watched the news and a TV show in black and white. It was a very clear picture but very small. We were glad for the 'adventure' to end. My Internet service was just restored this morning. That is the first time that has ever happened. I took advantage of the down time from the computer to work on some projects .

We celebrated the 20Th anniversary of WVBC on Sunday. It was wonderful. There was a video of some of the early services and of the building of the church. It was strange to see the bare five acres of land. I am so thankful for the ministry of the Stonestreet family. Pastor's mom, grandmother, and two sisters came for membership as they are moving here next month. I am so excited. The girls will be attending the school too! I think they are in grades 7 and 11. Pastor left last night for Israel. What an exciting trip God has called him on. I will be in prayer for Mrs. Evertson as I know she is concerned.

Keith has been sick for a week now and has lovingly shared it with me. Madison had major tummy trouble tonight. Not sure if she will go to school tomorrow. Mia says her nose is stuffed on one side. I know what that means!!

The picture is of the last sunset we had here in 2007. God is so amazing!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Wow, lots of exciting things going on. I have been praying for ya'll. We are sorry we missed the Anniversary Service. Love you all.