We really enjoyed the quieter area of Plubell's Family Orchard. We packed our own lunch and enjoyed it there. There are walking trails and a petting zoo. The red barn house was near Primus Vineyards. We didn't stop there but it would be a good place to take a rest as the grounds are quiet and they have a nice, large play structure for the kids. My favorite place was Kid's Inc. Unfortunately, Mia fell down the steep grade that led to the pumpkin patch. Next time, she will probably follow me on the grassy part that leads down the hill. The corn maze was closed. Their pies were being made right before our eyes. The aroma was amazing!!!! I thought it was a very pretty place.
Carolyn warned me that High Hill Ranch was huge and crowded. Boy, was she right. I couldn't resist. I drove in, and I drove out! Looks like fun for another day.
We stopped at Boa Vista Orchards while driving to Kid's Inc. Not the prettiest place around but they did have the train ride that went around the pond. They only take cash for the ride, I was out of cash. I usually don't carry much with me as I can use my debit card just about everywhere. Everywhere except the train ride at Boa Vista. I saw two long faces follow me back to the car. Those faces disappeared when they got a chocolate covered apple from Abel's Apple Acres on the way out of Apple Hill. I picked myself up the apple dumpling and a caramel apple for Keith.
A fun trip, only an hour from home and now we know our way around!
3 comments:
What a fun day! I'm going to have to take Allyson and Anika sometime soon.
We would love to join you there sometime!
That would be fun! Thank you for the email with all of the information. I've heard about Apple Hill for so many years, but have never ventured over there. :)
Post a Comment