Will it ever stop? It just keeps going and going and going....................
High School Musical. We went to the 7:30 show at the Opera House last Saturday night. It was a perfect pre -Fall evening. The change in the air was just enough to send me to Starbucks to satisfy my craving for a hot yummy. The girls couldn't wait to get to the theater (even though we were 45 minutes early). I didn't even tell them I had tickets to the show until lunch time that same day. If I would have told them any sooner, they wouldn't have been able to contain themselves. For them, this was the biggest thing since following the Wildcat's Pep Rally down the streets of California Adventure Park. Or was it the biggest thing since HSM 2? I don't know. What I do know : the words to half the musical's songs. Yes, only half. I also know the story of Gabriella, Troy, Sharpay and Ryan. I bet you know the story too.
The play was wonderful. For such a small town, we have a terrific theater. The productions attract actors from surrounding communities. The actors who played the main characters were just awesome. They were every bit as talented as American Idol finalists!
As I was enjoying the show and watching the girls enjoy the show I started thinking about my highschool days. I went to a very small school. Thirty-five in my graduating class! The entire school had 189 kids and that included eighth grade. I didn't always think so at the time, but it was a great place to go to school. Everyone knew everyone. I was recalling which kids fell into what group. I knew a Troy. His name was Eric. Our Gabriella was Renee and I won't name the Sharpay. She was actually a grade below all of us. We had the jocks and brains (Eric belonged to both groups). We didn't have skaters really. Maybe because we lived in the mountains! We did have the loners (what we really called them rhymes with loners). I think they managed to graduate. I was not part of the popular group but must have been likeable because I was voted Homecoming princess, a cheerleader, an award winning Thespian, and a debate champ. I was on the honor roll and I played softball. I belonged to a threesome that the rest of our class affectionatly (I think) named the GABS. We sat together everywhere. "I'll save you a seat," was a given. If you were looking for one of us, you would find all three of us. I bet you guessed why we were named such. We were ALWAYS talking. We never got detention for talking or anything. I guess that is what we were known for. We just had a ton of fun.
Boy, that reminds me of a song, "We're all in this together"..............................................
2 comments:
That sounds so fun! I too know 1/2 the songs. Wow, we have had some beautiful fall days too. Love you and miss you. Leah
Sounds like you and the girls had a GREAT time! I really enjoyed reading about your high school and friends. Are you still in contact with them? Amy
Post a Comment