Friday, July 13, 2007

Not good bye


Just some of the "Sisters"

And they are off! Leah said this good-bye lasted forever. I think the feeling of forever will come again soon about mid-way through the drive to GA! We were fortunate to have Leah and her wonderful family stay with us these past few days. I really enjoyed taking turns caring for the kids, sharing our home and a few stories. Mia and Hayden got along so well. He was her caddy for one of her golf lessons.

We enjoyed a service last night by a wonderful pastor from Long Beach, Pastor Wilkerson. The message was from 1Corinthians 16:13-18. During the message I was thinking of Leah and her family and how they are like the house of Steph'a-nas in their service to the Lord. Then after the message, Pastor Evertson said exactly what I was thinking! I know that everyone who has been touched by Leah and her family feel the same way I do.
This is not "good-bye", instead it is "see you soon." We are already making plans to visit during the 2008 Masters in Augusta. I think I will leave all that fun to the guys. I have a feeling the girls will opt to do something else. I understand Leah will be receiving visits from many WVBC families. Leah, you are a blessing! What a blessing you all are. You are some of the gifts that God has given us here on earth. God Bless you always!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ugh! i can't read anything about them being gone without tearing up!! their new church is sure going to be blessed having them there!