She has been wanting a collection of Nancy Drew books for a little while now. I had to discourage her from using a Christmas gift card to buy a few. I felt awful steering her away from buying the books. However, I knew that a certain blessing had come our way. My sweet friend was willing to give me an extensive (25+) collection of vintage Nancy Drew. Madison and I share an appreciation of some vintage things so I knew this would be just perfect for her. She absolutely LOVED the books.
We always bake a birthday treat to share at school. Madison chose our favorite sugar cookie recipe dipped in chocolate. They were fun and looked so fancy. Everyone loved them.
The day ended with dinner out of her choosing and cake at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I think her day was as special as she is.
3 comments:
I love the books, I just recently re-read the secret in the attic. I love that it gives them new vocab words. Mariah loves Nancy Drew.
They look fabulous! The books too. hehehe :)
Glad she enjoyed her day. What a neat treasure in those books!
Post a Comment