Monday, December 10, 2007

Busy like elves


Only 15 days and counting!






We are wrapping it up, literally. I only have a few little things left to get and I am DONE. Still waiting for the Internet ordered items to show up in the mail. I love to get fun mail. Madison is doing very well with her sewing project. She really is making the entire thing. I hope her friends like them.



The girls also started wrapping their cousin's gifts. I love how serious they are.






I am glad to have the shopping out of the way. Last week was busy getting ready for the town's Christmas parade. It was freezing out but very fun. Madison was a singing angel and Mia was the angel watching over Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus. WVBC won third place for the float in the christian division. We

have two parties to attend this weekend and I have two more ladies' parties to go to next week. The girls will also be out of school starting next week. I love having them home when it is cold out. We are planning to do our baking and delivering next week. Baking is one of my favorite things to do during the holidays. The girls wait to do sugar cookies and the gingerbread house until my mom gets to town. That is their special thing to do together.

I thought I would share a great gift idea for the family to do together. We have participated in Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child in the past. We would fill up a shoe box full of things that we take for granted. Toothpaste, candy, small toys and hair clips. The boxes were all shipped together and given to the precious children. I received a catalog from Samaritan's Purse this year that enables the giver to 'order' food, medicine and supplies for the people of poverty stricken nations. Check it out here. Click on the Christmas Catalog. Thirty-five dollars helps to transport enough food to feed a family for about two weeks. Just $15 to help teach a child to read and write.

I hope everyone enjoys the coming weeks as we prepare to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Looks like you are all ready, me ~not so much~! I can't believe how fast the girls hair is growing, they should be able to donate again before summer. Hope you have a great time at all your Christmas parties.